Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Monday, December 29, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Now it's time for the New Year. Out with the old and in with the new,right? Not so much if you ask someone that is truly honest. Mark Batterson had a post on a similar note (here). He calls it postcompletion error. I call it simple recidivism. Please read the definition to the word. You see, we make resolutions to change things in our lives. Some of the things that we commit to stop doing are harmful to us or have negative consequences. When we don't follow through on the commitment and revert back to that same behavior, we are in a state of recidivism. When you read the definition you will see that there is a comparison to substance abuse, criminal behavior, even sexual offenders. That might not wake you up but it does me. This coming year I plan to make changes and follow through with them. I'm not going around this mountain anymore. God has given us new life. And with Him living in me I know I can overcome the sin that has so easily beset me in the past.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
December 25, 2008- Today is truly a very Merry Christmas. I woke up this morning and went for a drive with my mom. Now we are going out to grab a bite to eat and then a movie. Here are a few things I love about Christmas in Auburn.
- The town is completely closed. That means that people are spending Christmas with their families.
- The weather is fair, not too hot and not too cold.
- Waffle House is open to those that want to eat out.
- The movie theater is open for us that want to see the Christmas releases.
God has been great to me this year. I am truly blessed to be exactly where I am at this time in my life and I'm truly thankful and looking forward to all that is to come in 2009. Merry Christmas.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
1) The process is uncomfortable- Pregnancy isn't comfortable and the same applies with our walk with the Lord. At times it is uncomfortable.
2) It stretches you- To have a child your body has to be stretched to accommodate the one that is living inside you. The same applies when Christ comes to live in us. Our capacity is stretched to new levels to make room for the One living in us.
3)You have to change the things you do- When pregnant you have to change the way you do things. Mary did. So do we. When Christ lives in us, we have to change the way we do things.
After, and only after this process can we effectively deliver Christ to the world. It worked for Mary, and it works for us as well. You don't have to become pregnant to give Christ to the world, you just have to go through the process.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
- F ailure to know who we are in Christ
- E asily swayed to doubt
- A lways wishing things were different
- R eacting vs. acting according to what God tells you
Paul tells us in 2 Tim. 1:7, "for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self control". Fear is something we have to move past, move through, and overcome if we our going to experience God's best for our lives.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
- Love God with all our heart mind, soul, and strength.
- Love our neighbors as ourselves
- To take the gospel to all the nations(you'd just have to visit our church)
As a staff we are so greatful to work along side such wonderful people, and it is going to bless me tremendously to serve them as appreciation to our fellow workers.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
- Stop- Sometimes we need to stop trying to be everywhere and doing everything. Stop means to be still. This season, for Christians, is meant to recognize our Lord and Savior. Between shopping, Christmas plays, dinner parties, and more shopping, we miss the very reason for the season. Psalms 46:10 says,"Be still, and know that I am God..."
- Look- In a crazy economical time in this country, people are searching everywhere for an answer. Things can become distorted and cloudy in that search. But the Bible tells us where to look. We are to look to the hills. Psalms 121
- Listen- If we will just slow down for a minute in the chaos of this season, we might actually hear what God is trying to say to us. The breakthrough that we need in life might only require us to listen. Jesus said in John 10:37, "...Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice".
Thursday, December 4, 2008
In what areas of my life do I need to improve? This time of the year means inventory for me.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
To the unbeliever, that makes no sense whatsoever. Things aren't alright. People are loosing their jobs, families are being ripped apart due to financial crisis, and in a time like this people are looking for someone to make it all better, but nobody is there.
How is it that you can have a positive attitude in times like this? Well, just to keep it real with you, things aren't that bad. We live in the greatest time ever! We are blessed beyond our wildest imagination and we don't even appreciate it. We live in a country that spends in the area of a half trillion dollars on Christmas alone. We are blessed. But our main focus has to move from how do we get more so we can do more. Our focus needs to move to the true source of our getting. God is our supply. He is our source. And with Him all things are possible.
If you ever get in a rut and think you can't do it, just watch this...
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
- Take ONE minute and consider ONE thing you are truly thankful for...
- Take ONE minute and think of ONE person you really appreciate and tell them...
- Take ONE minute and think of ONE thing about yourself that you would like to improve, and devise a plan to make that happen.
- Take ONE minute to reflect on ONE thing you are talented at and sharpen that skill. Thank God for that talent and ask Him to stretch you capacity to improve it.
Anyway, ONE effort could potentially change your life, family, etc.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Create Culture- We have to be charismatic enough for people to want to be a part of what we are doing. Many church's seem to be grasping this principle and that's great. So guys that are being culturally relevant, be encouraged, we must create a culture that those far from God see as real.
Develope dreams- God usually calls us to a place that is beyond our mindset. So we have to be willing to dream big, and set out to bring that to fruition.
Encourage & Empathize- We not only have to encourage others that things will work out(Oh, just pray and God will bring your wife back and restore your credit), but we truly have to empathize a persons situation. I think people see the church as not really understanding what they are going through, and we need to be mindful of that, and step it up.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Another Huge issue is the election. I have no intention to even state my stance, but I did find a book that speaks directly to the issue. I really think our concern as believers should be this...
This is a good post with some great comments (Read more) , but I would suggest reading the book. Just click to order.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Step 1 - Speak the language. We must be able to speak directly to the issue that someone is dealing with and relate the grace and love of Christ to that issue. Jesus was the master of doing that. If you notice He didn't have a set plan of "Evangelism 101". He spoke to the specific issues of life and effectively gave wisdom that comes only from God.
Step 2- Keep it real. So many of us only tell of the blessings of salvation, but we leave out the most important part. Why do so many fall away from the faith they proclaim? Because nobody kept it real. In Matt. 19:16-29 Jesus is questioned about what it takes to have eternal life. Don't we want to know that? The young ruler kept the commandments, so what did he lack? Jesus said to him,"If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give it to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me". Wow! According to what the Lord says, we have to be candid with people also. You might have to lay down something that is important to you. You might have to give something up. Jesus kept it real and so should we.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Well, Hope that helps. See you at Victory World Halloween night!!!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
- Dave Ramsey via Chris Martin
- Franklin Graham via Tony Morgan
- Matt Chandler via Will Johnston
- Andy Stanley's closing Session via Tim Stevens
Also here are a couple of video links of Catalyst backstage with...
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
God showed me something at this conference. He showed me that He is God everywhere and in everyplace. It doesn't even matter if we recognize Him as God, He still is. He has given different visions to different places to accomplish the same goal. Why? Culture. The thing that most of us miss is we seem to label people with specific vision when it's the goal that they are drawn to. Ok. Example: We associate Thomas with what? Doubting right. Yeah, because John 20:24-25 but oh that we get the big picture of the goal. You see if we go back to John 11, when Lazarus had died and Jesus, wanting to go back even in the face of death, Thomas makes a statement. John 11:16"So Thomas, called the twin, said to his fellow disciples, "Let us also go, that we may die with Him". We associate Thomas as the doubter when he really got the big picture. We are better to die with Him than to live without Him!!!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
commodity in the world lately. Oh, I know most would say people are the
most valuable, but this is something that is the most valuable to people.
It is time. Time is something that we all take "for granted". To avoid sounding
nostalgic, or to sound nostalgic while not meaning to(I don't like nostalgic). One day we are all going to wake up and only have pictures to remind us of "the magic moments". Ok, I failed on not sounding, anyway! So, the thing I vow to try and do is to live this life with the most recorded" magic moments" possible.
I was reading James chapter 4 and this whole thing about time just got under my skin and I came up with a list of things to help make the most of this sand in our hourglass called life.
1. Spend time with God- The only way to make the most of our time is to give God His. Our daily time with God will expand our capacity to levels unthinkable. Time is a gift from God and if I've learned nothing else, I've learned to give God His first.
2. Manage time wisely- Each day we have a chance to live a John 10:10 life. The time we are given should be to make the most of our life. My time should be something that is constantly giving glory to the Lord. I know that sounds super- spiritual, but if we look at the life we are supposed to pattern ours after, we see that Jesus made the most of every second.
3. Be thoughtful- Life is not something to be spent dealing with guilt and regret. Think things through especially when dealing with others. Just thinking before we react will maximize our time tremendously.
4. Be a little crazy- To live life and be able to say you made the most of it,risks are going to have to be taken. The only thing about this is, the level of responsibility for taking them. The upside is that nothing is more rewarding than a successful risk venture.
5. Make an impact- Jesus gave us prime examples of how to live. Basically he changed things. My prayer is that in every situation I'm in that I'm able to change things. It might only be a small impact in most situations but it is an impact. Don't be scared to shake things up when they need it. Jesus in us will make the impact, and that will maximize our time.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
- We are simply not talented enough for what God has called us to do. It might only be opening doors for people coming in the church, but it takes God to be able to do that or we could be offended when someone comments on our breath, or attitude. We need God!
- Our time isn't God's time. This sounds like the norm for Christ followers but it is very tough to put into practice. The funny thing is, when we submit to His time scale, He usually puts ours into overdrive. you know it's like riding in the car with somebody who drives slow. When you stop being frustrated with their driving, you can usually have a good conversation and the trip will take no time.
- We don't have to understand what God is doing. My understanding of God's purpose has brought me much pain in the past few months, but finally as things start to fall into place I see that it's not the purpose I need to focus on, but His presence.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
So, before I get too caught up in trying to produce for God, I realize that I only play a part in His work. It is God that really brings progress, and only for His glory.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
September 10, 2008- Looking forward to the leadership meeting tonight. We are going through some material from Pastor's staff teaching on leadership and teamwork. We are going over 3 Core values in ministry and I just thought I'd go over them for anyone who has a hunger for ministry and leadership.
- Winning Teams develop Trust... There are two key factors in trust...
a. consistency- being consistent is key because it insures stability.
b. loyalty- Loyalty shows that you follow the vision, hopefully because you know it came from God.
- Winning Teams have a good Attitude... When the roots grow deep the fruit is displayed outwardly.
- Winners represent the T.E.A.M. well...
c. People Skills
I am truly excited about what God is doing with our church and throughout the world by using 21st century apostles that aren't afraid to speak truth. My prayer is that God ignite a fire in me every day for all those who don't know Him!