Monday, September 29, 2008

September 29, 2008- I had the most wonderful weekend. I don't get to spend much time with my fiance(Meg), and I spend even less with my beautiful mother. But I was able to spend it with both of them. It was terrific. Now I feel re-charged! This week is HUGE!! We have the first service for Celebrate Recovery on Thursday. The leadership team is really pumped. I can't wait to see what God is going to do. I have learned some valuable lessons in the last couple of months that I'd like to share.
  1. We are simply not talented enough for what God has called us to do. It might only be opening doors for people coming in the church, but it takes God to be able to do that or we could be offended when someone comments on our breath, or attitude. We need God!
  2. Our time isn't God's time. This sounds like the norm for Christ followers but it is very tough to put into practice. The funny thing is, when we submit to His time scale, He usually puts ours into overdrive. you know it's like riding in the car with somebody who drives slow. When you stop being frustrated with their driving, you can usually have a good conversation and the trip will take no time.
  3. We don't have to understand what God is doing. My understanding of God's purpose has brought me much pain in the past few months, but finally as things start to fall into place I see that it's not the purpose I need to focus on, but His presence.

No comments: