Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Amazing Grace

September 24, 2008- Have you ever noticed how passionate or "on fire" someone is after coming to know the Lord? I have. I see this all the time in the ministry I'm involved with. In recovery, people sometimes have this wonderful experience with God that changes them completely. They start to hear from God, they pray all the time, everything they do is all about God and pleasing Him. That is the best feeling in the world! But then something happens. They start to fellowship with older believers. Good huh? I don't know. You see those, Mature Christians say things like,"don't worry,what you are experiencing is cool but it's just a season we all go through." They tell you that the fire dims and you need to have a very realistic faith foundation. Do you know what they do in your life? They quench the spirit of God! Good intentions, but they steal the essence of God in your life. It happened to me in a very short time. I started to believe it and tried to act according, that is , until I started to dry up spiritually. I don't want to live the dead life most Christians live. I choose to live in God's anointing and His power. Don't let people quench the spirit in your life. Know that the feeling you had in the beginning was a feeling of thankfulness for God's grace. Never forget that Amazing Grace.

No comments: