Monday, September 22, 2008

Progress

September 22, 2008- In the process of life, one of our greatest enemies is progress. Sure that's what we strive for and that is definitely what God has in store for us. Those are principles that should be elementary to us. But we, or should I say I, get so caught up in worrying about making progress that I miss the most important lessons in the process. I think I can tweak things just a little, I think I can make it more relevant. I think? Notice it's all about I. That's the problem that arises with progress. Others don't seem to help either. They think the reason things are moving forward has more to do with who's holding the reigns. Somebody gets put on a pedestal and they are expected to produce. Well that's nothing new. The early church in Corinth dealt with the same issues. 1 Corinthians 3 says that the people were divided over the production of the Apostles. Some claimed to follow Paul, others claimed to follow Appollos. Why? These men of God's ministry had fruit. But Paul told them clearly that even though they each had functions in the ministry, it was God who gives the increase.
So, before I get too caught up in trying to produce for God, I realize that I only play a part in His work. It is God that really brings progress, and only for His glory.

No comments: