Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Doubting Thomas?


October 14, 2008- We had a great time at Catalyst and all the, well most of the speakers knocked it out of the park. I saw so much diversity in denominations that it blew me away. Even though an event like that is geared more towards the contemporary and emergent crowd, I was surprised to see alot of different " high spirit" brethren also. Sorry, but it's weird for me to see a man who looks like he came out of shooting a Buckle commercial with his wife having no make up and her hair in a bun, wearing a drape, yes a drape, not a dress. That just doesn't seem sanctified to me but rather unfair. Wow, I do ramble.
God showed me something at this conference. He showed me that He is God everywhere and in everyplace. It doesn't even matter if we recognize Him as God, He still is. He has given different visions to different places to accomplish the same goal. Why? Culture. The thing that most of us miss is we seem to label people with specific vision when it's the goal that they are drawn to. Ok. Example: We associate Thomas with what? Doubting right. Yeah, because John 20:24-25 but oh that we get the big picture of the goal. You see if we go back to John 11, when Lazarus had died and Jesus, wanting to go back even in the face of death, Thomas makes a statement. John 11:16"So Thomas, called the twin, said to his fellow disciples, "Let us also go, that we may die with Him". We associate Thomas as the doubter when he really got the big picture. We are better to die with Him than to live without Him!!!

No comments: