Monday, October 20, 2008

Community


October 20, 2008- I've been thinking a lot lately about building community. Not just any community but one that has momentum. I think my focus has been a little off track. My focus has been numbers(people of course). Numbers is the key focus to building community. If we gather the masses the momentum starts. That may be so but I am thinking on trying another route. This might be construed as laziness or a cop out but I think to effectively build community that creates momentum, we have to focus on small. The more simple you make something now, the easier it is for people to really catch the vision and that is what will effectively turn into a human snowball. It might not even work, but the concept is to rally a small core of like minded people and get them to grab the vision of lives being changed for the glory of God. I know that I can rally just a few people. The trick is to get them just as excited as I am and leave the increase to God. We are going to try this in our ministry of Celebrate Recovery and I believe that in one year we will see the fruits of a God vision.

No comments: