Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Resilience

October 7, 2008- It is so easy to get knocked around and banged up by everyday life that we tend to think, "possibly that's what God intends for me" or " why do these things keep happening". If we are not careful we will subconsciously start to doubt God. I have to be the first to admit, things look less than appealing for me alot of the time. I do have doubts and fear and that is a major stumbling block for my faith. But I'm not going the route of doubting God. I have what one would call "covenant faith". That is, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, til death, well you know the rest. That's covenant faith and that is what life requires if we are to make the most out of it. Yesterday I made a few statements I thought were very relevant to the issue of time and today I was tested in those areas. I have come to the decision that no matter what comes my way I will hang on to the words of the patriarch Job, "though He slay me yet will I trust Him". You know that is saying alot. God does not slay us. He loves us. But if He sees something that I don't, then I will trust Him, and not my own understanding. If nothing else, I see a quality rising up through all this. A Resilience to stand in the fire and know Job 23:10, " But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me, I shall come out as gold".

No comments: