Thursday, October 16, 2008

Exponential Curve


October 16, 2008-What is the next step to accomplish the great things God has called us for. Have you thought of that? Have you lost sleep over it? Probably yes on both accounts. Most of us have something we are trying, not only to accomplish, but to be the best at. But as time goes on I see that I can't do it with creativity alone. Creativity just makes it more efficient, not more effective. So that's not the answer. So I look at talent. Talent makes everything go so smooth. Talent makes it attractive, but it may or may not make it effective. Experience can't be it because doing the same thing today that I did yesterday no longer works. No longer is the status quo the answer. So, what is the answer? What is it that I need to go to that next level with what God would have me do? There is only one answer even though many people describe it in different ways. It is a Greek word called "Paracletus". The Holy Spirit puts the very breath of God into our plans and places His thumbprint on it. My prayer is God would fill our lives to overflowing with His spirit so His work would not only be creative, talented, experienced, but it would be effective as it was with the early apostles.

No comments: