Saturday, August 23, 2008

Thoughtful

August 23, 2008- I've been studying in 1Chronicles for some time now and I'm really starting to see very strong leadership principles in the life of David. You know, even though David had times that God was displeased with him because of sin, Davids house is the single most recognized by God. He gave favor to the nation of Israel, because yes they were His chosen people, but God called them the house of David. So, what were some of the principles that David applied to have such an impact on God and on the world?

  1. He admitted when he was wrong.
  2. He was not afraid to do what God asked.
  3. He allowed his leaders to lead.
  4. Prayer was his edge.
  5. He had vision.

David was the most powerful man in the world, but he was humble. The most important thing to me was that he was thoughtful. Not mushy or sensitive, but thoughtful. He had taken into consideration the person he was talking to and that was factored into his decision. This is something I am trying to initiate into my life as well. Before I make a move, my action needs to really be "full of thought".

No comments: