Sunday, August 3, 2008

Principle 1

August 3, 2008- Reading Romans chapter 7 I see that I'm not unique in that I want to do right but constantly wrestle with wanting to do wrong. Paul shared these feelings so it's hard to imagine me being any different. The first principle of Celebrate Recovery says,"I realize that I'm not God. I admit that I'm powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and my life is unmanageable". I have always known that to be true, but I still hold to the notion that I can manage. But the truth is I want more than just going around the same mountain, doing the same things. I know God can do a much better job at managing my life. Control comes through submission to his will. And if I want to live a productive life, then I need to admit my shortcomings and seek after God to change my mind, will, and emotions. Doing this I begin to see my life taking on new meaning and being much more enjoyable.

No comments: