Monday, August 4, 2008

Principles 2&3

August 4, 2008- It is plain throughout scripture that God is revealed to all through His creation. But, principle 2 says," Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to him, and that He has the power to help me recover". When I cried unto the Lord and he filled me with his peace, I can honestly say, from that moment on, that I earnestly believe He exists. I also knew that He was the only one that could fix what was wrong with me. You see He loves me, and He loves you, and he wants to fix the things in our lives that have drawn us far from him. Now comes the hard part. Principle 3 says," Consciously choose to commit my life and will to Christ's care and control."
Oops, did he say control? Control is one of the biggest stumbling blocks we have. We refuse to relinquish control. We just need to be in charge, of me if nothing else. But if we know that He loves us and cares for our best interest, then our trust in him starts to allow us to allow Him to have His way in our lives. So far, we've talked about things that involve the internal process of recovery, but next I'll talk about the areas of recovery that cover the external process as well. And that can get a little sticky.

No comments: