Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hope Restored

August 13- I know alot of people that read a Proverb a day. I would suggest it, but I fall short myself. Today though I read the Proverb for the thirteenth. In chapter 13:12 it says, "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes, it is the tree of life". There are three things that defer our hope...

  • people
  • places
  • things

It's so easy to get in a rut about everyday things, but God has given us His word to run to. And when your heart is sick from deferred hope, get ready, He is about to bring forth the desire. You know in this scripture the desire is called the tree of life. Our salvation(our tree of life)restores lost or wavering hope and we are assured of eternal life. In everything we go through there is a lesson to be learned. The very things you desire are in the promise of salvation. That is Hope restored.

No comments: