Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Attention Pt.I

May 20, 2009- When I was younger, it was very hard to get my attention. My focus was on things I considered very important(like a video game or a phone call to the love of my life) and to place attention on anything else was an unneeded distraction. The same is true today, only now it is God trying to get my attention. And you know what? I really try to listen. Is He trying to get yours? I think so. I think He is trying to get our attention to let us know what we need to do. The problem is, we are distracted by other things, and if we're not careful we'll miss it. Here are 3 ways I think God tries to get our attention and like these examples, we need to listen...
  1. With a distraction- In Exodus 3 Moses is just walking along when God sets a bush on fire to get his attention. Moses didn't have any doubt seeing God in the distraction and listening to His instruction. So, is God using a distraction to get your attention. What is it He's trying to tell you? Chances are, He will show you a few things about yourself that you weren't aware of previously...
  • He will show you your potential- He asked Moses, " What is that in your hand"? Moses said, " a staff" . God will show us our potential and our strengths. Whether it's in the form of a staff( that would be a staff on the job, your not Bruce Lee) a friend, or a talent, God will show us our strengths to encourage us that we are empowered to do the job.
  • He will give us instruction- He gave Moses specific instruction as to what He would have Him do. Many times we think God hasn't given us instruction when in actuality, we haven't even paid attention to the distraction.
Chances are God is using a distraction right now in life to get your attention. He didn't place the distraction there, but He will use it to get your attention, to show you the task, and how He has prepared you to handle it...

No comments: