Friday, May 1, 2009

Abiding

May 1, 2009- This has been a crazy week for Meg and I. Sunday night we were in a car accident. It seems that from there a chain of unfortunate events have taken place. Those were definite distractions to our every day life, but I think they were needed because the results shook us both to the very core and have rekindled a fire in our life. Let me try to explain.We both ran to the first place any Christian runs when something bad happens.THE BIBLE. Sounds really good and spiritual huh? Well check this out. While reading Psalms 91 I was convicted by just two very small words. Verse 1 says,"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, shall abide in the shadow of the Almighty". Two words really touched me, Dwells and Abide. They mean virtually the same thing( to remain stable or fixed in a state or to continue in a place), but to dwell implies your mind matches you geography. That is my problem so many times. I treat my dwelling with God the same as staying in a hotel. I want the bed made, the air just right, and snacks and drinks available, as well as room service. But to abide is not temporary, it's eternal. And just as it is in my Home, I must maintain the place of residence. I must make the bed, I must create the environment. It's my responsibility to maintain the relationship. If I dwell, then I abide...

No comments: