Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lord of Hosts

July 29, 2008-Yesterday was pretty tough, I must admit. But, it's amazing the difference prayer makes in our lives. Today I woke up at 4:30 with a completely different perspective. When we face situations that are difficult we can react one of two general ways. 1/ We can be so devastated by the problem that we spend all of our energy focused on discouragement, difficulty, and doubt. Or 2/ We can use that same energy primarily seeking a solution. When I started to embrace the latter I was overcome by encouragement. I felt like the servant of Elisha in 2Kings 6:17 when his eyes were opened and he saw the host of the Lord encamped round about. "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ"(Phil.1:6ESV)

No comments: