Monday, January 24, 2011

Soulprint Review


Monday January 24, 2011- I just finished Mark Batterson's new book "Soulprint". I have to say this was an awesome book(perhaps his best yet). Both my wife and I loved it and we will suggest to everyone we know in our church. Great read. Here's the review I posted...

Identifying the you you've been searching for

Mark Batterson really hit it out of the park with "Soulprint". Absolutely his best yet. I, like so many others, have spent my life in a search for the purpose for which I was created. The way Mark uses the story of David to show how we can discover and walk in our true purpose is brilliant.

The story of *the crags of the wild goats* illustrates so well that our actions in private define who we are in publice. David was such a great example of the person we all want to be. He was the man after God's own heart. Also, when David danced before the Lord, Batterson explains that sometimes we have to get out of who people want to see, and into who we were created to become.

I have to say that I walked away from this book changed. Not changed by 10 steps to purpose, but changed because "Soulprint" helps us to look at ourselves in a different light. This read helps us to identify that we all have a unique makeup and calling. Mark Batterson is a genius of research and illuminating illustrations. From start to finish it is a great read and it as a book that I would recommend to anyone.




Go out and grab it. You won't be disappointed. (Click here for the book)

No comments: