Thursday, April 15, 2010

Wheat

April 15, 2010- One of the biggest struggles I've had in Christianity has been the fact that everything isn't cut and dry. What I mean is when we do good, we don't always get good in return. Many times we are taught that(be a good person, and everything will be alright). The problem with that frame of mind is... the Bible!!!! You see we can be having our absolute best day ever, and our worst day ever, all in the same day. In Matthew 13 there is a parable about the wheat and the tares. Matthew 13:24-30
24Jesus told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27"The owner's servants came to him and said, 'Sir, didn't you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?'

28" 'An enemy did this,' he replied.
"The servants asked him, 'Do you want us to go and pull them up?'

29" 'No,' he answered, 'because while you are pulling the weeds, you may root up the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.' "

Check this out; the man sowed GOOD SEED! Then while his men were sleeping the enemy came in and imitated the harvest by planting weeds among the crop. There is nothing wrong with rest. We all need rest. But the when the bad comes up in the good, it's not because we were resting, it's because the enemy has come to imitate God's plan and to destroy His plans for your life. Second, know that there is going to be bad days in the midst of our good days. Our problem is...we always feel the need to fix it. "What can I do, how can I fix it, Who, what, when, where can I go?" But that's not the answer. God shows us specifically what we need to do in this situation. NOTHING! What? Yes. Nothing. God says let the weeds grow up with the wheat. Then when the harvesters come, they will separate the wheat from the weeds and they will handle disposing of the bad. My prayer is that we all learn to wait on God in the midst of the bad as well as the good.

2 comments:

Mom said...

How hard it is to give up control yet how easy. I loved the Shack - I finally took time to read it on my trip to Dallas - a man sitting across from me asked "Are you OK" because tears were sliding out of my eyes - I held up the book he replied " I understand - I wept when I read it. Praise God

Shellhen said...

Great truth! Thanks for the post...very timely for me. HE is amazing! :)