Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Innovation not Limitation


April 28, 2010- Last night I was roused from my recreational TV watching by my wife in the other room. She has been reading the book IT by Craig Groeschel. The reason she yelled for me was there is a section in the book that she knew I would find very relevant for my life(what a great wife I have). Anyway, the passage in the book was talking about the old adage, "What God guides, He provides". Now many of us in ministry hold fast to that saying, if for no other reason, it increases faith. But what was so interesting was that Craig said that he and his staff had come up with another angle of approach to that saying. Here it is. "Sometimes God guides by what He doesn't provide". WHAT? Yep. Look at Acts 3:1-6 1 Now Peter and John went up together to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour. 2 And a certain man lame from his mother’s womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms from those who entered the temple; 3 who, seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, asked for alms. 4 And fixing his eyes on him, with John, Peter said, “Look at us.” 5 So he gave them his attention, expecting to receive something from them. 6 Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.”
What if Peter would have had money to give the man? We don't know the outcome, but what if? However, when Peter wasn't able to give the man what he wanted, he was able to give him what he needed. What are you facing? Lack of finance? Closed doors? What wall are you facing that seems is too tough to get around? Maybe God is trying to show you something. Maybe He has not a natural solution, but a SUPERNATURAL one. Here's the quote that rocked my world. "Your greatest innovation might come through your greatest limitation". Wow! Just a thought.

1 comment:

Laura's thoughts said...

that is some good stuff! Love it!!!!