Thursday, February 18, 2010

Embracing Change

February 18, 2009- Yesterday I read an interesting article on the subject of CHANGE. Change is necessary. It says we aren't staying in the same place, and usually as long as the change is positive, it means we are growing. But the problem with change, is that a human being is wired for comfort, and change pushes against comfort. We all search for a place in which we are good at what we do and that is where we like to stay. I am the world's worst at that. But as of lately our team is going through some change. God is calling us higher. He is calling our church higher. And the simple fact is, that's uncomfortable. I find myself wrestling with change and comfort. I, like anyone else, desire to do great things, but that is a road few travel. But for today, I have chosen to take the road less traveled. I want to be all I can be, and I commit to not only work through the change, but to embrace it.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Your great Grandmother Mama Nettie used to say "Life is full of changes and your life and attitude is how you adapt to those changes" She was a very wise woman and went through more uncomfortable changes than any one I have ever known. But she was comfortable in her knowledge of her Lord and Savior.