Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Do you hear what I hear?


December 8, 2009- In reading the book of Luke this season something really cool happened to me. We were in staff meeting this morning and Pastor Mark said that his devotional time had him in the second chapter of Luke. He begin to talk about the moving of the Spirit of God. We talked about how Simeon and Anna were moved by the Spirit and they were ready for years for the moment they met the Lord Jesus @ the temple when His parents brought Him for dedication as a baby. The words they each spoke were prompted by the Spirit, they were filled with the Spirit, and they were both led and empowered by the Spirit. That is amazing, but the most incredible part of this story is that God was showing me things like this in my own personal time with Him yesterday prior to this teaching. The Spirit of the Lord is so Awesome! And in all this, the thing that touched me most is the topic. What is being moved by the Spirit? Well I think between my devotional time studies, and the topic Pastor used this morning, and the text he used for it, God plainly showed me that being moved by the Spirit is simply hearing Him. That's what I've been hearing. What about you?

No comments: