Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mountains and Vallleys


April 28, 2009- When I first made the choice to follow Christ, I did it for selfish reasons. First, I didn't want to go to hell. Second, my life was a wreck, and I needed it fixed. But soon after that I found that God called me from the valley of my fears to His High Place(Is.57:15). In that transition, I found that it not only changed my SPIRITUAL LOCATION, but my very IDENTITY. I also found that this trip to God's High Place isn't an easy trip. But even through the difficult times and the situations that seem so overwhelming, I have found that there is something in my heart that won't let me stop the journey. The thing that is in my heart, and in your heart as well, is a voice. It's the voice of the creator of all things, and He calls to us. Ps. 24:3 says, "Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in His Holy Place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart...".
So despite the things that happen in life, Sorrow, suffering, resentment,bitterness, self-pity,_____________(you fill in the blank). No matter what comes, I will listen to that still small voice, and then I will obey. And remember, the High Places are great. That is where we encounter God, but the valleys can't be counted out. You see, fruit doesn't grow on the mountain top, it grows in the valley.

No comments: