Sunday, February 8, 2009

Endless Library


February 8, 2009- Man we have had a great time of fasting and prayer during these past 21 days. It ends at lunch today. Though it will be wonderful to have some meat and bread, there have been so many great things happen during this fast. Also during these 21 days I read a chapter a day in the book of John. There is something beyond words that happens when you combine fasting, prayer, and the reading of God's word. Things happen on a spiritual level that is so refreshing and restoring. So, today, as I read the last chapter, I thought I'd share something I read in the last verse. John 21:25, "Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were everyone of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written". I started to wonder why all those things weren't mentioned in the gospel. Surely they had enough parchment. Surely someone was there that saw them all. But then this thought came to me . You know, it didn't just stop there. All the works of Jesus have continued from back then and they are still happening today. When I just think of what Jesus has done in my life over the past few weeks, I'm blown away. Now figure in every person on the face of the planet for the past 2000 years. Now that's alot of information to process. So after much thinking, I came back to the same conclusion that John had in his gospel. Yep that would be an "endless library"

No comments: