Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Awakening Review


Wednesday May 25, 2011- This week I finished reading "Awakening" by Stovall Weems. It was a tremendous book. Here's my review...

From the moment I picked this book up, I have felt not merely impacted by it, but activated. Fasting has been a regular practice in my Christian walk, but I don't think I have ever read a more applicable piece of literature on the subject ever. Stovall is brilliant with weaving the practical information and the spiritual benefits through testimonies and personal stories in the church. This was an incredible read. As a matter of fact, last week my wife and I started the 21 day Awakening plan. It has been incredible to see the freshness that comes with prayer, fasting, and devotion to the Word of God. I will say this, this book challenged me, my wife, and those that I serve. Thanks Stovall.
Remember "...Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalms 30:5 You see, morning comes when you wake up!!!

No comments: