Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Freedom

November 3, 2010- My wife and I have a beautiful little puppy(actually she's not a puppy, but a 10 year old bichon). Anyway, a few days ago I was taking her for a walk(the puppy)and thinking about all the stories my wife told me about her breaking loose and running wild anytime she got off her leash. Now I'm not the type of person to be rebellious but I just wanted to see if she was still like that. So while we were on our walk in the backyard I unsnapped the leash. Guess what? She didn't run. As a matter of fact, she didn't go anywhere. She ventured a few steps away, but when she saw she was no longer on the leash, she came back over and stood right beside me. Now I wouldn't try this alot(probably never again) but I did see a correlation between that puppy and many Christians. We have been restrained for so long, that when the leash is unsnapped on our lives and we are set free, the freedom is so uncommon, we tend to linger close to the very things that kept us restrained for so long. I know that isn't the way we need to act, but it's the way we do. Now look at this bible verse in relation to this and see if there is something different you need to be doing. Galatians 5:1 "1For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery."
There is a reason we have been set free. And the price that was paid for that freedom was very high. If you need to be freed from something today, I want you to know that freedom is there for you. And once you have been set free, stand in that freedom. Don't linger, walk in a new life, a better life, a free life.

No comments: