Monday, March 22, 2010

The Promised Land

MArch 22, 2010- The past few weeks have been pretty crazy. We are moving on 4 church plants over the next few months and a few of the staff members are on the trek of reading the bible in 90 days, so I haven't taken the time to post any blogs. However, the Lord really has rocked my world with a passage of scripture that I can't get away from no matter what I do. So I thought I'd post some thoughts on it before I preach it this weekend. We are all at a crossroads. And at that point, we have to make a decision. Will I stay where I am, or will I take the next step. The problem is this. We all need to take the next step, but if we are not careful, we will be paralyzed by the church. Here's the problem. The church has become so concerned with what not to do, that we forget that the focus should not be on that but on what we should be doing. When our concern is on what not to do, we become afraid to move therefore we just stand still. That is not where God called us to be. He called us to be mobile. Not necessarily geographically but internally. In Genesis 12 God called Abram to leave his people and his land and go to a place God had prepared for him. The problem is this. God didn't tell him where the place was. He didn't give a detailed spread sheet of what it would look like. He just said GO. Many of us are in the same boat. We get frustrated without all the details and just give up. But check this out. Later in scripture God comes through with the promise of a son in Abraham's old age(yeah He changed his name) He provided a ram in the bush for Abraham on the mountain. God was with Abraham in all his steps. But after the miracle on the mountain, Sarah(Abraham's wife dies). When Abraham goes and buys a tomb to bury his wife, he buries her in Canaan. In the steps to bury what is priceless to Abraham, he doesn't even realize he has already entered the Promised Land. The question is this... Where are you today?

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow - where am I - becoming kind of stagnant and knowing there is more for me to do. I need to make a step in faith. Love you!!!