Friday, January 23, 2009

Drop the jar

January 23, 2009- When Christ frees us, we are free indeed! But too many times I find myself going back to try to do things like I used to. Not sin, mind you, just old ways of doing things. Let me explain. In John 4 Jesus has an experience with the woman at the well(really she had an experience with Him). She was at the well to draw water. He said that He had water that would quench her thirst forever. In our lives Jesus does the same thing. He says, you don't have to do it that way anymore. He has a better way. I say, "yeah, I know Lord, but I've done it this way for so long". Nonsense. We must learn from this woman. When she encountered the Master, she didn't try the same way. She dropped her water jar, and went to tell others about Him. Thirst was no longer an issue for her. She was full.

No comments: